Wednesday, May 25, 2011

new things

Well, it sounds like I've found myself a job! I will be working from home as a Book Creator and Editor for BiblioLabs, a publishing company whose goal is to renovate and republish public domain and historic texts to make them accessible to a 21st century audience. I will be given the opportunity to create series of books relevant to whichever subjects I find interesting in the seemingly endless knowledge buried within the public domain and submit them for publishing. The books created within this program are sold on Amazon, and make up quite a unique and eclectic variety of informative texts.
No matter which way you look at it, the job is a great first step--a foot in the door. Working from home will be a huge blessing, considering our unpredictable and constantly changing military schedule.

In other news, Patrick is spending his week at Camp Pendleton this week, going through what sounds like a really interesting exercise: Infantry Immersion Trainer. Created to simulate a Middle Eastern town, the compound gives the marines a hands on chance to engage in situations they can except to encounter in country. However frustrating, exhausting, and difficult the commentary from my husband has made the ordeal sound, all in all, it sounds like a pretty important part of their training cycle.

In even BETTER news, we have one (and a half!) more days until we're finally together again! I keep repeating to P how thrilled I am that "see you on Thursday" doesn't also mean "but only until Sunday afternoon when we have to say goodbye again." For the first time in 2 years, I'll get to see him off to work in the morning and still be there when he gets home:) As wonderful as this new chapter is going to be, I think we're both ready to get past the next 4 or 5 days. Between graduation, packing, moving, unpacking, puppy-hunting, and now both of us getting ready to start work after a long week, I think we'll be ready for a normal, less stressful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment